brrrr. ***PICS***

ticks

Pheasant Obsessed
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
The Sticks, Vermont
Time for some heated waterers?

007-3.jpg

Brrrrr, is right! I had to take hot water out for the outside waterers I have and added some straw to the ground so the hens tooties would kinda stay warm today. The sun is out but only 28 here today for a high and 8 degrees for tonight/mornings low! Brrrrrr..... Inside waterers are heated thank the gods. Mine had scratch thrown to them this morning too, I felt sorry for them.

Mine get fresh water in the morning, if they are not done with it by "bed time" I give them hot water. I use 2x4 for roosts, and I went in today and the sawdust on the bottom of the coop is frozen. (My poor ducks can't fly) Going to get some hay bales today, so it will be all good.
hey, atleast my chickens have a place to go into for wind protection and cold protection...
this is what my pheasants live in:
008-2.jpg

I hear ya! I let mine out this morning. The barred rocks and my rir have stayed out. My WLs and my bantam have been in and out. My WL hen was shivering, crouched towards the ground when I first let them out. I picked her up and brought her in their house. She stayed in there for quite sometime all by herself.

I LOVE the snow and for some reason my chickens love it to
lol.png

sometimes i have to make them go in during the winter when it snows

Ya, I know what you mean. I had to shovel it all out and then put down hay. They mostly end up under the coop though. I am going to put something up to block the wind. I am hoping that will encourage them more! Ya, I bet you have about the same. If not more!!!

Back
Top Bottom