1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

brrrr. ***PICS***

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ticks, Nov 22, 2008.

1. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Time for some heated waterers?

[​IMG]

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Brrrrr, is right! I had to take hot water out for the outside waterers I have and added some straw to the ground so the hens tooties would kinda stay warm today. The sun is out but only 28 here today for a high and 8 degrees for tonight/mornings low! Brrrrrr..... Inside waterers are heated thank the gods. Mine had scratch thrown to them this morning too, I felt sorry for them.

3. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Mine get fresh water in the morning, if they are not done with it by "bed time" I give them hot water. I use 2x4 for roosts, and I went in today and the sawdust on the bottom of the coop is frozen. (My poor ducks can't fly) Going to get some hay bales today, so it will be all good.
    hey, atleast my chickens have a place to go into for wind protection and cold protection...
    this is what my pheasants live in:
    [​IMG]

4. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    I hear ya! I let mine out this morning. The barred rocks and my rir have stayed out. My WLs and my bantam have been in and out. My WL hen was shivering, crouched towards the ground when I first let them out. I picked her up and brought her in their house. She stayed in there for quite sometime all by herself.

5. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    none of mine will go out. i open the door and they go very far away and hudle in the corner.

6. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:I don't blame them. [​IMG]

7. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    I LOVE the snow and for some reason my chickens love it to [​IMG]

sometimes i have to make them go in during the winter when it snows

8. sewincircle

sewincircle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Central New York
    [​IMG]

Cebtral New York weather. Brrrrr...Had to dig the run out just to get them out of the house. [​IMG]

9. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    sewincircle- looks like the snow here. i can't get mine to come out.

10. sewincircle

sewincircle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Central New York
    Ya, I know what you mean. I had to shovel it all out and then put down hay. They mostly end up under the coop though. I am going to put something up to block the wind. I am hoping that will encourage them more! Ya, I bet you have about the same. If not more!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by