Brrrrrrrrahma

Also the bars might be too close to the ceiling for her to be comfortable. Brahmas can get tall. If you bring the bar down a few inches, that could be more comfortable also. Are the rest of your hens smaller breeds?
forgot to reply to second half of your question. The rest of my gang is normal sized except my cookies n' cream and my cream legbar. I have two Buffs, a Black Copper Maran, a Green Queen, a Speckled Sussex, and a brown leghorn.

I had to put a ramp up to the roost for my Brahma. As an adult she couldn't get more than about 18" of "flight" -- more of a wing-assisted hop.
This is my 3 Brahmas too, they use a ladder to hop up to the roosting bars.

I can't tell very well from the pics but is there enough room for her to get down off the roost without hitting the poop boards?

Owning Jersey Giants, I learned that large poultry need large wide roosts and ramps to help them navigate the roosts. Since your hen appears to be healthy and in full feather, I think your large gal will be fine in the nest box. I have a few older gals who actually prefer a nest box over a roost. I just make sure their bustle remains clean and clean out the nest box every day.

Back
Top Bottom