Brunswick Maine Agricultural swap April 28th saturday

I went. First of all. There was no advance advertising. If Hoppy hadn't posted a blurb about it on a different swap page, I wouldn't have known about it at all. also, there was no signage whatsoever. Not on the Farley Rd.where TSC is located or on the Bath Rd. which is the main road you have to use to get to Farley Rd. from both directions. If I am wrong & there really was some signage, it was too small and conspicuously placed because I saw nothing. Lastly, it was pretty much a one woman show. I expected 1/2 dozen sellers at the least but was hoping for about 10-12. just because that's what you typically see @ other swaps. Having said all that, she had good stuff. Goats, a baby cow, rabbits, and mini donkeys for sale. I made a purchase so I was happy. Anyone looking for chickens would have been bummed because there was not a bird to be found.

I was told by the store that they advertised on CL and uncle henrys' but I saw nothing posted there. advertising goes a long way in getting these swaps going and having them on set days, really helps.
of course in june there are 5 saturdays and augusta is normally the last saturday of the month- or is the 4 th saturday since there rarely is a 5th? we might do both? I'll be checking with vendors next month on what they are willing to do.

Same for last year. I went with a couple roos and was able to sell them, but I was the only one there with any "livestock". It was poorly done. Lewiston and Augusta seem like the events not to miss if you want poultry.
smile.png

hoping to make waterville in that list too.
Same for last year. I went with a couple roos and was able to sell them, but I was the only one there with any "livestock". It was poorly done. Lewiston and Augusta seem like the events not to miss if you want poultry.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom