brush turkey

Those brush turkeys look awesome! Congratulations! Keep us updated with pictures please.
I did get to see a pair of australian brush turkeys this past summer while visiting the Sylvan Heights Bird Park in North Carolina. They were really cool.

The female actually came from Sylvan Heights. Thanks to those guys for working something out with me, cuz these guys are seriously in danger of disappearing from captivity. I used to do well with them many years ago, but its alot of work lol. Im going to be so excited if I hatch some this year.

thanks for all the info cas maybe one day I will also keep megapodes species all the best of luck to you new projects. If you don t mind can I paste the pic s you posted in my album?

Thanks, and I dont care if you use the pics.

Look at this white or albino one:
http://walkaboutpark.com.au/index.php?id=227
I stumbled on these pictures while looking at pictures of brush turkey mounds. Casuarius, will you artificially incubate the eggs or have the male make a mound and naturally incubate the eggs?

I've seen the albino before...thats a very rare bird! I am going to artificially incubate maybe half and let him do the other half if I can get enough good compost for him and I can stick a thermometer in it and see that it is heating up. If not, i'll just incubate them myself...this may give me more eggs anyway.

Sounds like a good plan. It be nice for you to keep us updated on them and provide information since I know the brush turkeys are a bird I plan on getting one day.

This bird is wild not far from me... a place called Noosa, it's right on the beach and is quite built up, there is a large population of srubbies there none the less. Apparently white chicks have been seen in that area too.

Back
Top Bottom