Bubbles in ducks poop. She seems lethargic and seems to be losing her appetite. Help please!

Shellysstuff7

Songster
May 25, 2019
Spring Valley, Arizona
Hi, again everyone! I have 3 ducks that are almost 7 weeks old. They were doing so well and now I have one that seems to be losing her appetite and seems lethargic. The other 2 are just fine and acting normal!! Last night I found bubbles in her poop. I know it was her because it's right where she was laying down. I posted a picture. I have also noticed that she seems to "twitch". Here is a video of what I mean. (Sorry for the movement!)
I think she is the same one who was having the seizures. I have continued to give them the B Complex every day but for the last 2 days she hasn't seemed to want to eat it. Nothing had changed in their diet and I give them fresh water in their pool and waterer everyday. Any help would appreciated!!! Thank you to all that have helped me previously!!!

Attachments

• 20190627_205645.jpg
    20190627_205645.jpg
    751.7 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
They are outside. I am feeding them duck feed(picture uploaded).They get frozen veggies and some cucumbers and maybe apples cut up with the B Complex. No apple seeds were given. Sometimes I will give them a little romaine lettuce but other then that they only get what they can find. I also edited the post and added a like to a video. She seems to be twitching. Not sure how long she has been like this. Every now and then I think she could be having a "mini seizure". She will start making noise and then shake her head and run around a bit. I will try to get a video of her doing it if it happens again. Thank you for tagging the poop expert!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190628-082846_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190628-082846_Chrome.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 33
Is a vet an option? If not, can you get a close up video? Regarding the poop, it's not normal, though I have no idea what can cause it to look like that.
I am at work right now but I will try to get a close up when I get home. Vet isn't really an option. We just had a big vet bill for our dog.

I am sorry. She wasn't making any noise. She has been drinking and sometimes will eat. Not sure what to do to help her.
Do you have a food or postal scale to weigh her on? If not, can you get one? Getting a baseline weight on them and then weighing every 1-3 days will help you treat her.
I am at work right now but I will try to get a close up when I get home. Vet isn't really an option. We just had a big vet bill for our dog.
I understand, they are expensive.

Yes, I am giving them all 1 ml of B Complex each day. I was able to get her to eat a bit of romaine lettuce but when I gave her the B Complex yesterday she wouldn't eat it. I put half of it in thawed frozen peas with a small syringe. I also give them a bit of mixed veggies and then cut up some cucumber or apple to put on top. I then put the other half over the top of the mix. I sometimes will put a few mealworms with it or give them some in their pool. They have a pool to get in and a water bucket they can drink and dunk their heads in. I will hopefully be able to pick up some watermelon on my way home but I only have a small store near me so I don't know if they will have any. I will also be checking her for anything in her throat (with the help of my husband :D). Thanks again for all of your help!!! I firmly believe she is still alive today because of the advice I got from all of you!!! :love:love:love

Hard to say but if she’ll eat water melon or chopped tomatoes it should help her get it down. I just today introduced meal worms to my week old Runners and they aren’t having a problem eating them.
I was kind of scared to give mealworms to them any sooner because of the protein in them. I will defiantly get some or both if they have them. Thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom