Bubbles in the eye

1496712389337-501630892.jpg
1496712604811429655161.jpg

Ok. I just got worried because of the one big bubble

One of my Silkie chicks, about the second day after hatching, used to get gunky eye where a mass of gunk would form around the eye which I kept ontop of to keep clean. Eventually the gunk stopped forming, but instead it has a single bubbly eye.

The bubbly eye doesn't seem to bother the chick and it hasn't shown any issues barring that. The bubbles used to practically cover either half or the whole eye at first which I wiped off when I saw it, but now the eye is mostly clear with a few bubbles every now and then. It is about 3 months old now.

I had that bubble eye problem and my chickens came down with chickenpox. They all survived and my rooster was blind for a couple weeks. I'm glad your girl is doing well. It started as weird bubbles and then the sneezing. I had to separate the rooster cause the girls would peck at his bubbly eyes. He came down with it first. The girls fended better than him.

One of my Silkie chicks, about the second day after hatching, used to get gunky eye where a mass of gunk would form around the eye which I kept ontop of to keep clean. Eventually the gunk stopped forming, but instead it has a single bubbly eye.

The bubbly eye doesn't seem to bother the chick and it hasn't shown any issues barring that. The bubbles used to practically cover either half or the whole eye at first which I wiped off when I saw it, but now the eye is mostly clear with a few bubbles every now and then. It is about 3 months old now.
That's how my Rosa is! Will this kill her and is there anything I can do like give her some vinegar water?

Hi @Annie Lamb

I agree with Kathy (@casportpony) I don't really see anything concerning with your hen's eye. If she begins to have thick pus/discharge from the eye or lots of bubbles, along with sneezing, coughing, mucous from the nostrils, etc. then let us know. She may have just got a tiny bit of dust or something irritating in the eye and it caused it to water a little (just like if we humans get something in our eye).

Is she eating, drinking and pooping o.k.? Active and acting like her normal self?

That's how my Rosa is! Will this kill her and is there anything I can do like give her some vinegar water?

When mine had the gunky eye, I applied some coconut oil to the eye when cleaning it which helped deal with it. I haven't really done much in regards to the bubbles other than wiping them off as the chick is completely healthy otherwise and they don't really show up as much anymore, eating, drinking and pooping fine and is one of the more boisterous chicks. :p

I am starting to think it may be some kinda allergy to something in the house, as it doesn't get the bubbles when outside.

Hi @Annie Lamb

I agree with Kathy (@casportpony) I don't really see anything concerning with your hen's eye. If she begins to have thick pus/discharge from the eye or lots of bubbles, along with sneezing, coughing, mucous from the nostrils, etc. then let us know. She may have just got a tiny bit of dust or something irritating in the eye and it caused it to water a little (just like if we humans get something in our eye).

Is she eating, drinking and pooping o.k.? Active and acting like her normal self?
Yea. She's acting normally this morning

Back
Top Bottom