Bubbles the Silver Dorking - From on deaths door to hatching her own brood *Pic heavy*

Ask and you shall receive, Deacons!

They are beautiful, and certainly full of personality.

I love the salmon coloured breast feathers they have that contrast with the grey and silver
love.gif

They come in some other colours like Red, but Silver Grey is my favourite. They go in nicely with my Welsummers who are similarly coloured but are brown and gold instead of grey and silver.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas
big_smile.png

I am now battling a case of sour crop in one of my Black Sex Link hens, one half of the Agony Aunts. She is very thin at the moment, so I'm not sure she'll make it but here's hoping she will.

I'll have to create a post introducing you all to the other members of my flock.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas
big_smile.png

I am now battling a case of sour crop in one of my Black Sex Link hens, one half of the Agony Aunts. She is very thin at the moment, so I'm not sure she'll make it but here's hoping she will.

I'll have to create a post introducing you all to the other members of my flock.
Sorry to hear about your hen with sour crop. I ended up taking one of my hens with slow crop to the vet and it turned out to be a bacterial infection. We also learned how to tube feed her. She is back to being one of the biggest hens in the coop. In case you are curious, her is a link on tube feeding: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/805728/go-team-tube-feeding

... and have Happy New Year!

Thank you very much for the link, scratch'n'peck.

Unfortunately, I'm having her put to sleep this afternoon
sad.png
She is very emaciated and I'm not sure I can bring her back from it. She walks around the run well enough with the others, but I can tell she's not happy so I think it's the kindest thing to do for her.

I've learnt from this; I will pick up and inspect the girls every second day now to ensure I don't miss anything.

Thank you very much for the link, scratch'n'peck.

Unfortunately, I'm having her put to sleep this afternoon
sad.png
She is very emaciated and I'm not sure I can bring her back from it. She walks around the run well enough with the others, but I can tell she's not happy so I think it's the kindest thing to do for her.

I've learnt from this; I will pick up and inspect the girls every second day now to ensure I don't miss anything.
Aw, I'm sorry. I know from experience how well chickens can hide illness... sometimes until it is too late.

Thanks scratch. I'll miss her, that's for sure. She's one of the alphas of my flock, along with her BSL sister so I'm sure with her being gone will upset the dynamics a bit.

Back
Top Bottom