"Buckbeak" says, time out!

chickenmeadow

Crowing
10 Years
Jun 14, 2009
Southern Oregon
My Coop
My Coop
So you know how some parents seem to think that their children are the best at everything, well..... Has anyone else seen their rooster do this "master flock managing"? My one & only flock rooster (an Ameraucana), Buckbeak, is brilliant, just brilliant, really! He makes every hen that comes into the coop do a "time out" in a corner, he gently tells & shows them how to put their head in the corner & bow before walking around the coop, I guess it means behave yourself. The other day he had 3 hens doing this, like a circus ring master.

This behavior just started after the broody hen was having fights with a hen/s that got too close to or even looked at her chicks, even though they are behind protective wire. I was hoping to hear from someone else that their roo has shown this behavior with his gals or some other behavior to keep the squabbling down & keep peace. Best wishes.

I posted prior about how the broody & chicks were doing at this site & included the rooster. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/todays-the-day-chick-mingling.1227065/#post-19676454rules by Buckbeak.jpg

I have heard of roosters having funny behavior before but definitely haven't heard of anything like that! Lol! My roo is 15-16 weeks already crowing but I think he is still convinced to behave like a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom