Bucket for Water

75895d71-6db1-4706-9efd-177ddef6446d_1.f5cb7b84fa4139f5a278370c9b0a3816.jpeg

I wondered about this too...I have my eye on a 5 gal heated water bucket, like for horses, that I thought would be great for winter? I planned on mounting them, they have a flat back, so they cannot be knocked over and wondered if I have 4 ducks, should I buy two? It would not be meant for swimming, however from what I am reading, they may try to get inside anyway :)

@Miss Lydia has a heated bucket. I really don't live in a climate that would make it useful to get them. I'm sure she'll tell you about it tomorrow.
My plan is that some day we won't either lol!! But as it is now, water would freeze solid in an hour during winter without some sort of help! I plan on fresh water every day for them to drink but would hate for it to freeze solid while I am at work.

I use a five-gallon heated bucket in the winter for my ducks, never froze in -40 temps, I sink mine into the ground so the ducks can drink out of it easily, or you could build a platform around it. I have one bucket for around thirty five birds in the winter.

I did thanks @Isaac 0 I use a 5 gal heated bucket and the 2gal. I place a piece of scrap wood over top of half the bucket to keep anyone from climbing in and using as their own personal hot tub. I put out 1 -5 gal and 2 -2 gal I have 34 birds. so you could get by with 1 -5 gal or 2-2 gal. I do clean and put fresh in nightly.

Back
Top Bottom