Buckeye Breed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laura, Har got some buckeye eggs from me. I don't know if those are the ones he is talking about, but I have had aggression issues with a few of the boys once they started "interacting" with the girls.

Quote:
Misty,

Still too hot to ship eggs/chicks, and I do have a waiting list for this fall. Contact me offline at lhaggarty AT blueone DOT net to discuss this further.

smile.png

Laura

Yes ma'am, will do right away. THANK YOU Laura! I appreciate all the help I can get right now, so thanks hun!

Misty

Quote:
Did you not get my PM I sent you my phone number and what I had that I would sell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Did you not get my PM I sent you my phone number and what I had that I would sell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Hun, I didnt get an email or PM with a phone # or I would have called ya
wink.png
PM me again when you have time. Gotta get an email out to Laura as well. I'm soooo behind on things, birds are a 24/7 job around here
smile.png

What age should roosters be for it to be practical to choose the best one (or two) to save as the breeder? I have 4 obvious male, one obvious female, and two I'm educated guessing on. They are 12 weeks old.

Hi All -

We are new to chickens and happily fell in with Buckeyes. I absolutely love them. We got the chicks in late June from a local breeder. We had them free ranging within weeks and I just loved how they came running when I bent down....they love those grasshoppers. Unfortunately, one day while we were gone, we lost one and found one dead in the driveway. I started letting them out when we were at home. Sunday, a fox took one right in the middle of the afternoon, within feet of my 6 year old son and I! Shoot! I think our dog has finally figured it out as I believe he chased the fox away this morning and now has been fox hunting all day. We made a "day run" for the chickens last night and the dog has been keeping a close eye on my 2 legged friends for me. I feel sad they aren't tripping under my feet, but, at least they are safe! I have an idea of the sex, but, was wondering if it is possible to keep more than one male?

My Buckeyes are six months old and have all started laying I was suprised when I got my first egg baced on some people saying that their buckeyes started after seven or eight months old.

Quote:
I had to separate my roosters because they were fighting. but if you have enough hens then you should be ok. coolmitch
cool.png

We finally got our Buckeye chicks today! We've waited quite awhile to get them from BuckeyeDave, but are really happy they're here. For the brooder, a neighbor was throwing out an old TV armoire, so we just layed it down, took the doors off & drawers off/out - perfect little brooder. This pic is right after they got here, before we got the heatlamp and waterers in, I'll post more of the final setup later. We ordered 25, there are 30 right now and they all seem to have made it so far
celebrate.gif
49967_buckeye_chicks.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom