Buckeye Breed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
No need to worry about a coop. Just get them. Then you'll have plenty of time to get it built while they are in the brooder. Thats what I keep telling myself. I also want to try some buckeyes.

Quote:
No need to worry about a coop. Just get them. Then you'll have plenty of time to get it built while they are in the brooder. Thats what I keep telling myself. I also want to try some buckeyes.

Actually, you may run into trouble thinking this. They grow faster than you think they do, and you don't want to be scrambling for housing with a bunch of youngsters all jammed into a brooder pen. Just sayin...

Ok, time for a big WHOOT!!!
celebrate.gif

A box of Urch Buckeyes arrived at my PO this morning. 15 bantams, 10 large fowl. I'm psyched! I ordered them last September, and was glad I got my order in early as I've heard that Duane is sold out at this point.

ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

Congratulations Laura,I bet you get some really nice birds from this batch.
I have my second batch of Buckeye eggs in the bator and just got the first
pip at 2:36 PM so I am psyched too !! Good Luck with the new chicks !!
big_smile.png

Ok, I had a really disappointing hatch, but still got lots of babies. Here is a pic of one of my hen's with black in the wings, We had discussed breeding these might be good, but is this too much?

10901_blackinwing.jpg

Also though I'd throw in a couple of my guys and a gal.

10901_buckeye_rooster2.jpg

10901_buckeye_rooster_1.jpg

10901_buckeyehen.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom