Buckeye Breed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bantam roo seems to growl and well all of them make a motorboat kinda purring kinda noise when one of the gilrs is having egg:30! It's always a group effort and of course they still yell at me like it's my fault. I would like to hear the roar too.
One of them was parading around a bumble bee the size of a Buick this afternoon! They coulda used the stinger for a tooth pick! I had to walk away, it was too freaky.

BTW... The girls are laying really well and I have hatching eggs for sale if anyone is in need. PM me.

Quote:
Well the buckeye crow is common with almost all chickens. They do have a roar and until you get used to it it can startle you. When ours started roaring my kids actually called me outside because they thought something got in the chicken coop. The "roar" is used more to call the girls in when the roster has a treat or when I let a new puppy into the coop for the first time more of a warning to the other birds and to the predator (aka. big white fluff ball of a Great Pyrenees puppy).
Peace,
Dave

My sister is getting married and moving to FL. She can't take her birds with her. She still has a few Buckeyes. Some 2-3 year old exhibition hens, one young hen, and two young roosters. She's got more of a rooster line. If you are interested in anything, pm me and I will forward your info to her.

Thanks!
Last years breeding pen, the youngsters are out of this pen. The roo in the pic is not available, but the two youngsters are very much like him but with less purple in the hackle.
20714_img_0006.jpg

Quote:
Mapquest says it will take me 5 hours to get there. That may be farther than the spouse is willing to let me drive for chickens, but... How much for the lot? Where have they been shown and how have they done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom