Buckeye Breed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Try mrandmrschicken I got some from them there great
thumbsup.gif

Hello everyone...We just got back from a HELLATIOUS week of heat and driving. I'm so beside myself because we returned to a mass 'death pit' where the yotes killed every single buckeye we had except one little pullet (whom we found burried under her house, scared to death)! I'm desperate for help guys...really! Been on this thread several times waiting for some of the breeders to have eggs available. The birds we had were from BuckeyeDave...and 2 other BYC'rs stock. The ONLY pen that was attacked were our bucks...everyone else has horse pannel pens, and theirs was 2 x 4 field fence wire. If anyone has any eggs or chicks to spare, I would deeply appreciate your help "rebuilding" my program. I AM WILLING TO PAY, I'm not asking for a free "hand out" here, but I love this breed and my desire is to keep it flurishing (like my heirloom dominiques). Your welcome to PM or email me with details, or list here on the thread. Again, any help would be most appreciated, and BYC is the only place I know to go to for help, quality and others who feel the same about the buckeyes. Thanks for putting up with my babbling & sobbing!

Blessings,
Misty

Quote:
Hi Kathy, I'm in MO like you, just south I believe in Joplin...we've spoke several times through email and PM's
smile.png

Quote:
Sorry to hear of your loss.
Coyotes are one reson we have Buddy. He is an Anatolian Shepherd, Livestock Guardian Dog. A coyote will not get within a half mile of Buddy. The birds will stand around till Buddy eats all his food he wants then run in for his leftovers. He lives and sleeps with our poultry. He had no training with poultry. We placed him on a cable for a short time until he got use to everything. He is now willing to give his life for our poultry and us.

47716_shepherd_lgd_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom