Buckeye Breed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
droolin.gif
You all have very nice birds!
droolin.gif

In the future, I will be looking to a breeder for my Buckeyes, but the ones we have now will do fine. Our boy "Chuck" is very nice, and kind of a character. The girls we have are 18 weeks today. They also came from Meyer, and are of the same decent quality, and all have easy going personalities. I'm proud to have Buckeyes! Thank you all for your input
thumbsup.gif

Punky, they are from 2 different pens. The first boy is Brown/ALBC, from Pathfinders. He's the last left of 19 cockerels of that strain I culled through. The others are from Roy Naugher (Rnau), who has Chris McCary's ALBC/Urch strain. I'm finishing culling down to 2 boys in that group tomorrow.

OSUman, I live close to the Il/Wi border. I won't have anything to sell til next year.

Thanks for the pics Jenscott. I was starting to wonder if the wattle and throat area of my roo was acceptable. At least it does not look a lot different from yours, so I will hold out hope that he is a reasonable specimen.

Quote:
Would you be willing to do a buckeye trade next year if I get any chicks to hatch? I am really bad at hatching but will be trying. I am in central IL but have grandparents in marengo.

My, how I have been enjoying this thread. We don't have Buckeyes
sad.png
. Then I find out someone local has this guy up for adoption: What to do??????

36723_76841_163371827029228_137169316316146_340460_5669359_n.jpg

I did some weighing again last night. My two Buckeye roosters at 6 months old weighed a little over 8 #'s. I weighed a Braden POL pullet and she weighed 5#'s. In comparison I weighed two Delaware roosters 5.5 months old and they weighed not quite 8 #'s. With boths breeds weighing about the same if I was going to pick one for dinner it would be the Buckeye. There breast and legs were filled out better. The Delawares are taller and lankey. Just thought I'd give that information out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom