Not open for further replies.
Our Basil...

DSC09445-1.jpg

DSC09504.jpg

Edited to add one of the hens...Rooney

4983ce2d.jpg

Last edited:
Good Morning Jen Scott, JimsFarmStand, Pathfinders, and all Buckeye BYCers,

Been a while since I've posted...around a year now...just made it back from an overseas deployment. It has taken several hours but have finally caught up with all the posts...I think.

Our flock is still doing great! Now that it is cooling off, eggs are starting to be a daily again for all the girls. We have some great looking pullets ready for next spring (first generation from originals from Jen Scott) and a new 5 month old cockerel we added to our farm last week, he will be introduced to his new flock after I get another coop/run built.

Although Buckeyes are our primary flock(s), we have a few feathered additions around here...we also have peafowl, quail, EE's and OEGB...Jen, you were the enabler to starting us down this feathered path! (should have listened to Jim, he told us to run..lol)

Anyway, good to see the thread up and going strong!

Bill

So, I'm looking into breeding Buckeyes. Ever since I bought one from a feed store I've wanted to get into this breed more. Please bear my immature questions but I'm new with this breed
tongue.png
How can you tell a show quality one from a pet one? And is there any recommended breeders out there? What sort of strains are most reputable? Thanks!

Quote:
Go thu the read if you can, there's a lot of good info. in here. The ABPC club yahoo site has a copy of the standard, if you can check there and download it (can try to send it to you, PM me).
Mitch

Quote:
Go thu the read if you can, there's a lot of good info. in here. The ABPC club yahoo site has a copy of the standard, if you can check there and download it (can try to send it to you, PM me).
Mitch

Thanks, I'm reading the thread. I'm on page 14 or 15. If you could PM me the ABPC copy then that would be great! And in all the different strains there are the ones that were bred to look more like RIR's? I'd like to avoid that. Which strains have the original Buckeye look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom