Buckeye Breed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Yeah, Jason Page in Chicopee, and Bob Rhodes in Mendon.
Mitch

thanks, mitch. kinda thought you'd chime in!

is there any contact info. for them, by any chance..........?

i would hope they would not be just show birds, of course....................

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah, Jason Page in Chicopee, and Bob Rhodes in Mendon.
Mitch

did you get yours through them?

I have some from both... One cock from Mr. Rhodes, and 10 chicks.I like his better (out of the ones I have), but may need some selection to get them to produce as well as other strains, but I've found them to have nice color and type so far.
I have one cock and two hens left from Jason. His are better than the one I hatched (seen them in shows), they good layers, one is broody, but the cock is poor. But as I said, his have gotten much better.
Mitch

Last edited:
Quote:

did you get yours through them?

I have some from both... One cock from Mr. Rhodes, and 10 chicks.I like his better (out of the ones I have), but may need some selection to get them to produce as well as other strains, but I've found them to have nice color and type so far.
I have one cock and two hens left from Jason. His are better than the one I hatched (seen them in shows), they good layers, one is broody, but the cock is poor. But as I said, his have gotten much better.
Mitch

thanks again.

how about contact info, or..............?

Hello, I hatched a nice trio out from eggs that I purchased from Jeff Lay this spring. I was just so lucky, because I hatched out exactly three chicks (I'm new at incubation), and I got two pullets and one cockerel. Here's my cockerel:

23665_buckeyecockerel.jpg

I think the lighting wasn't the best here, but he's got beautiful, glistening mohogany feathers.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom