Buckeye Breed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champion American & Reserve Grand Champion Large Fowl
The Southern Ohio Poultry Association 50th annual Spring Show
Lucasville, OH April 26 & 27, 2012. Just under 1700 birds exhibited (American Class being the largest LF class)
LF Judges: Danny Padgett, Mike Schmidt, Mike Wasylkowski. Wasylkowski judged american class

Champion American & Reserve Grand Champion Large Fowl
The Southern Ohio Poultry Association 50th annual Spring Show
Lucasville, OH April 26 & 27, 2012. Just under 1700 birds exhibited (American Class being the largest LF class)
LF Judges: Danny Padgett, Mike Schmidt, Mike Wasylkowski. Wasylkowski judged american class
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Yes, their voices are changing! It's adorable. People visiting sometimes get scared because the Buckeyes chase everybody around! xD While I'm fond of chickens, I'm especially fond of my little Buckeyes. Can't wait to show them at the fair.
600x450px-LL-030e561e_IMG_2793.jpeg

HA! Love the pictures !!
And at this age the Bucks are so gangly & scruffy looking...all legs & angles.
Are their voices changing ?
So now they make the "gorf gorf gorf" talk ?
lau.gif

I actually have a day off !
First in about 2-3 weeks !!!!!!!!!!!
So maybe getting caught up on other things besides outside work.
I have a big lumber delivery due to arrive in a few days....and very excited to be getting the walls up on our barn house (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!)
But still missing talking to you all.
Later !
frow.gif

Thank you Chris for responding. I am a bit concerned that their growth may be stunted. Hopefully they will catch up. I don't want to have to roast 2 or 3 birds for a meal!!!!
My silkie raised some red pullets while I had silkies in a brooder with other red pullets. At 4 weeks the silkies in the brooder were as fat as the red pullets that were in a run foraging. It is crazy. We get used to seeing fat little chicks in a little box with food and water. They seem stronger and leaner when you let mother and nature raise them. But the difference is amazing.

Congratulations! Waski has always loved Buckeyes, and goes out of his way to ensure they are judged properly at any show. A win such as this is a real "feather in your cap" for you and your daughter, as well as for the breed.

Great work!

Thanks Laura, I'll pass the message to Sydney. It was a great show, although the weather was very hot. Mike is a very good judge and he takes the time with every bird he gets his hands on to check every detail before awarding places. He's very impartial when judging. Highly recommended judge!!

Thanks again!

Is one way of telling sex of chick when they get black in the tail feathers? Of my 6 buckeye chicks, 4 have a black feather in the tail, 3 have redder combs with the other coming long, feet are larger I guess. I had first thought 3 and 3 but now think 4 and 2 in favor of the roosters, darn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom