Buckeye with a bad eye...

Gah. She's deteriorating. I think it's MG. Giving her Amoxy-Tyl in water. It's a year expired, which is all I have...
She's making loud, creaky or honking noises as she breathes.

Please let me know if there's anything else I could do.

Last edited:
Poor Girl!
Yes, I would give the Amoxy-Tyl if that's what you have on hand. Tylosin is good for treating symptoms of Mycoplasma, the Amoxicillin may help with secondary infection, but it won't treat MG since it has no cell wall.
See that she's drinking the medicated water, if she's not, then you may need to syringe it into her several times a day.

Keep cleaning her eye out and applying ointment too.

Do you notice an bad odors or lesions inside her beak?

Poor Girl!
Yes, I would give the Amoxy-Tyl if that's what you have on hand. Tylosin is good for treating symptoms of Mycoplasma, the Amoxicillin may help with secondary infection, but it won't treat MG since it has no cell wall.
See that she's drinking the medicated water, if she's not, then you may need to syringe it into her several times a day.

Keep cleaning her eye out and applying ointment too.

Do you notice an bad odors or lesions inside her beak?
I will check.

Sick Bay

Attachments

• PXL_20220128_192917902.jpg
    PXL_20220128_192917902.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 3
She's still not feeling too well is she:(
Well she's been up and around and active the last few days and vocal - and this morning, I woke to her in the living room - so feeling spry I guess. Poop looks normal, eye is open - though not sure there is much sight there. Appetite and foraging activity looks good. I would like to transition her to the coop - in a crate - because the temps are pretty good right now. What do you think? Is there a set time before allowing her back in the flock?

It's good that she's moving about now.
Does she still have any symptoms, mucous, etc.? Whatever she has, may pass on to others so consider that as well.
All you can do is try putting her back and see how she does, if she declines, then pull her back out.

Back
Top Bottom