Buckeyes and OEGB's on the way...

the_great_snag

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
Staples, Minnesota
Hey everyone...

Long time no chat! I finally got a place in the country again so I have some birds coming!

From Meyer:
15 Buckeyes
10 OEGB (assorted)

From Cackle
50 Cornish X Rocks
25 assorted heavy pullets

I am very excited as they will all be arriving in a week or so. Just enough time to clean out the coop and knock the dust off my poultry equipment.

My sister has a homemade tub-type plucker and I intend to purchase a scalder this fall, so I hope to do a few batches yet before it gets too cold out.

My girlfriend has big plans for the laying hens!

Sounds like you're in for a good dose of hard work and yet a lot more enjoyment! Have fun. Cant wait to see some photos
smile.png

Sounds like a really good start. If you have not had the Old English before, I think you should enjoy them. We got a few, and I just love the HUGE personalities those little birds have. My rooster Henry thinks he's about eight feet tall.
lol.png
I wish I had more than the pair I've got left.

Yes I have had OEGB's before. I had a BB red named Napoleon that thought he ruled the world. It was funny because I never had trouble with any of mine fighting either. Not sure if it was an age thing or because they were very free to roam where they wanted.

As for the Buckeyes, I got them specifically due to their cold-hardiness, but I think they would be awesome for a dozen other reasons too. I have wanted to try them for years, so I hope my birds arrive safely and in good health.

btw... OEGB's do well in cold too. It dubs their combs though...

Back
Top Bottom