Buckeyes on the way!

Hello, all! I had a mixed flock several years ago, but had to get rid of them due to being in the city. It has been several years since I had to say goodbye, and I have sorely missed those spunky gals! Earlier this year, my husband and I were able to buy a 30 acre farm - something we’ve dreamed of for decades. Although there is a lot of work to do both inside and outside, I decided I could not wait until next year to get chickens again. Do, I jumped in feet first and ordered 30 Buckeyes, which I plan to use as a dual purpose breed (new to raising chickens for meat). I have never had Buckeyes, but since I live in Ohio, I decided to give them a try! They will be arriving within the next week, so I decided it was time to join this wonderful community. I look forward to learning from all of you master chicken keepers! I’ll be checking out some threads on Buckeyes and may post some new threads depending on the info that is already out there. Just wanted to say hi!
Welcome to BYC!!

Welcome to BYC from Pataskala, Ohio. I hope you enjoy your new flock of Buckeyes. I have 20 ducks but will be rehoming some as 6 are ducklings and I need to downsize a bit. So happy you joined us. I love this site as I could talk Ducks all day long!!! LOL
Thanks! We just moved from Columbus to Jackson. Ducks are on my radar for some point in the future. I’ve read that their water is great for gardens! Maybe, in a couple of years…

Back
Top Bottom