BUDDY is REHOMED!

Equest94

Songster
12 Years
May 29, 2007
New York
A friend of mine works up at the Fingerlakes Race Track and her boss is giving away one of his geldings for free. It turns out that "Buddy" has gotten a bone hip in his knee and therefore is unraceable. He will need pasture rest for a while but should make a full recovery and be a nice riding horse. Since time is money at the track, I was told that if the horse does not find a home, he will be put down...

Info:
- Thoroughbred gelding
- 6yro
- bay
- about 16hh
- located outside of Rochester, NY

* BUDDY found a new home today! He is going to be a companion horse and when sound (and mellowed) will become a little girl's "pony."

Thank you all who were interested in him. We appreciate your willingness to help.

Last edited:
hope somebody gets him we use to have around 6 throughbreeds that where retired from the track all where free turned out to be some awsome horses in the process of getting another

^^^ Thank you for your interest in Buddy.

I sent you a PM regarding a contact for more information. I'm sure sure if you got it/will get it...my message account has been acting up; I can receive messages but I'm not sure if it's allowing me to send/reply to messages.

So, it's that's the case and you did not receive my message just PM with an email I can send the info to.

I hope your husband will consider adopting him and I'm sure trailering can be worked out.

Thanks.

Canter is a good place but since he's here in Rochester there is an OTTB rescue right at the track. My daughter does some volunteer work there at the Finger Lakes.

I sent a PM

I'm about 3.5 hours east on I-88. I'd take him in a heartbeat, but unfortunately I do not have a trailer or alot of money to pay for shipping right now. If anyone is coming this way with a load of horses and wants to help out
big_smile.png
with shipping...

Not to sound mean but if you don't have $ for shipping, how in the world will you have funds for dewormer, grain, forage,farrier,mineral, salt, any meds he may need, Bute, Banamine and veterinary care for this injured horse.

Hello i was just reading your message about the horse i am interested.
i have 69 acres withe mostly pasture and a 9mo old colt i am 50 miles east of rochester and have a trailer.curious on how much medical and vet care he might need to be back to good heath.

Back
Top Bottom