BUDDY is REHOMED!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Equest94, May 12, 2008.

1. Equest94

Equest94 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    New York
    A friend of mine works up at the Fingerlakes Race Track and her boss is giving away one of his geldings for free. It turns out that "Buddy" has gotten a bone hip in his knee and therefore is unraceable. He will need pasture rest for a while but should make a full recovery and be a nice riding horse. Since time is money at the track, I was told that if the horse does not find a home, he will be put down...

Info:
    - Thoroughbred gelding
    - 6yro
    - bay
    - about 16hh
    - located outside of Rochester, NY

* BUDDY found a new home today! He is going to be a companion horse and when sound (and mellowed) will become a little girl's "pony."

Thank you all who were interested in him. We appreciate your willingness to help.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  2. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    hope somebody gets him we use to have around 6 throughbreeds that where retired from the track all where free turned out to be some awsome horses in the process of getting another

3. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2007
    Hayward, Wisconsin
    I'd have to talk with my DH first, but please keep me posted. Any idea on the possibility of shipping him out here to WI?

4. Equest94

Equest94 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    New York
    ^^^ Thank you for your interest in Buddy.

I sent you a PM regarding a contact for more information. I'm sure sure if you got it/will get it...my message account has been acting up; I can receive messages but I'm not sure if it's allowing me to send/reply to messages.

So, it's that's the case and you did not receive my message just PM with an email I can send the info to.

I hope your husband will consider adopting him and I'm sure trailering can be worked out.

Thanks.

5. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
  6. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    Canter is a good place but since he's here in Rochester there is an OTTB rescue right at the track. My daughter does some volunteer work there at the Finger Lakes.

I sent a PM

7. mswiggi

mswiggi Out Of The Brooder

Dec 4, 2007
    I'm about 3.5 hours east on I-88. I'd take him in a heartbeat, but unfortunately I do not have a trailer or alot of money to pay for shipping right now. If anyone is coming this way with a load of horses and wants to help out [​IMG] with shipping...

8. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    Not to sound mean but if you don't have $ for shipping, how in the world will you have funds for dewormer, grain, forage,farrier,mineral, salt, any meds he may need, Bute, Banamine and veterinary care for this injured horse.

9. Nan5634

Nan5634 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    OOH sounds goo I'll ask my mum.[​IMG]

10. unclesuacey

unclesuacey New Egg

May 13, 2008
    Hello i was just reading your message about the horse i am interested.
    i have 69 acres withe mostly pasture and a 9mo old colt i am 50 miles east of rochester and have a trailer.curious on how much medical and vet care he might need to be back to good heath.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by