Budget automatic coop door or diy?

No do not use a 10A for all. That's only if you plan on adding other heavier draw circuits. Plus your Solar panel is only rated at 2.69A. If you put too large a fuse/breaker it can be possible for the system components to fry before it ever gets to the point to where the fuse/breaker will blow/trip. BTW If you put a fuse/breaker that is too small you can always up size. If you put a fuse that is too large you run the risk of frying your parts. I linked to breakers from Aliexpress at bottom of post #18

"linear actuator 12v 10inch 1500N - on aliexpress" Most people use a 12" Actuator. Is there a reason you are will be using a 10"?

Battery looks good.

Wire looks good.

With the components you listed I would do it like this.

View attachment 3111523
Thanks for the diagram, makes everything much easier to understand.

Hopefully when the parts come it all just works.

As for the 10" actuator, I'm thinking about doing a swinging door, so it doesn't need to be as long. I think a shorter might even work.

Last edited:
You know I kinda feel bad that I did not have the MHCOZY 4CH Smart Switch when we were discussing what you should buy. I received it after you had already ordered (I think). That's the one in the pictures I sent you in PM. It is considerably smaller but can be mounted very easy with DIN rail. It also has all the same features in the firmware but you can actually set interlock to specific channels.

Have you found the mhcozy to be reliable? Do they both use the same app?
I think the delay is also due to it being delivered to Australia, it always takes a while for it to reach here

I can't say that it is reliable since I just got it the day I sent you the pictures. Only time will tell. But it is working great so far and I REALLY like it. The price is good and it came with remote.

Yes they both uses the same apps to control it.

Last edited:
May I ask what is wrong with the chicken guard? Because we live in an “extreme “ weather area, I was considering buying their (most expensive 😟) “ extreme door.
I have the premiuem i think. It was the one with the black control box. I was very unsatisfied because we installed it 3 weeks later it wouldnt close or open had to recalibrate it. Then every morning after that i was going out there to reopen it. The batteries died in 2 months when they were suppose to last 6 months they weren't actually dead but the door said they were. It doesnt work in cold weather not even in 30 degree weather. I live in Wisconsin and have cold winters that is why i bought the door. I have now recalibrated it 10 times in less than a year. And every few weeks it wont open or close. Its usally it wont close. And the dawn to dusk setting doesnt work. On that i was opening it everyday. This is just my experience i had heard good things about it so that is why i bought it.

I have the premiuem i think. It was the one with the black control box. I was very unsatisfied because we installed it 3 weeks later it wouldnt close or open had to recalibrate it. Then every morning after that i was going out there to reopen it. The batteries died in 2 months when they were suppose to last 6 months they weren't actually dead but the door said they were. It doesnt work in cold weather not even in 30 degree weather. I live in Wisconsin and have cold winters that is why i bought the door. I have now recalibrated it 10 times in less than a year. And every few weeks it wont open or close. Its usally it wont close. And the dawn to dusk setting doesnt work. On that i was opening it everyday. This is just my experience i had heard good things about it so that is why i bought it.
Ok, that sounds awful. Thank you for the details!

Back
Top Bottom