Budget Build Chicken TractoršŸ“

CluckinAround89

Chirping
Feb 20, 2024
So I needed to add a small chicken tractor to the group.
Iā€™ve looked around and didnā€™t want to buy any plans to do such a simple job.
I did decided to do a 8ftx31-1/2in because metal is 36in wide and I wanted to give myself 1in over hang on each side.
I will be using exterior paint with this setup, two laying boxes, and one roost rod, and a door for the coop, one for the run, and one for the laying box. I'm only goin to be using it for a breeder pair so, I donā€™t need much room.
I will keep this thread updated as I go
The weather unfortunately has me at a stand still. Any questions feel free to ask.

Attachments

• IMG_0969.jpeg
    IMG_0969.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0970.jpeg
    IMG_0970.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0971.jpeg
    IMG_0971.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0975.jpeg
    IMG_0975.jpeg
    877.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0976.jpeg
    IMG_0976.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 16
Well this project has wrapped up for me
Iā€™ve been using this coop
For three days now and seems to be working good
Thiers small adjustments I half to make to the door be I can correct that at a later date
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_1002.jpeg
    IMG_1002.jpeg
    876.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1007.jpeg
    IMG_1007.jpeg
    957 KB · Views: 11
Where is the ventilation?

I like exterior nest box3s, but when you open the lid on yours it will hit the roof of the coop. You could change it so the door is the side panel. It would also be easier to clean out if you did that.

It looks well made. I love the fact that it is mobile. You can buy a specially made front wheel kit. It has a foot operated lever to raise the front onto the wheels, or down to the ground.

Also, it would be nice if you put your location in the sidebar.

Where is the ventilation?

I like exterior nest box3s, but when you open the lid on yours it will hit the roof of the coop. You could change it so the door is the side panel. It would also be easier to clean out if you did that.

It looks well made. I love the fact that it is mobile. You can buy a specially made front wheel kit. It has a foot operated lever to raise the front onto the wheels, or down to the ground.

Also, it would be nice if you put your location in the sidebar.
The ventilation is in the front, up in the eve
And thier is no laying box door, I can access everything from the side door itself this is not a big coop at all. And I have looked at those drop wheels and those may be an option one day. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom