Budgie Chat Thread!

Pics
So I'll go first!:
We have had a total of 4 budgies over the years. Emerald (green and yellow) and Glacier (blue and white) were our first, being beginners we did not know female or male. Glacier sadly passes away so we got Blue (blue and white) to be a friend for Emerald. We had these two for quite a few years, not sure exactly at the moment, until just recently, our lovely Emerald passed. Blue was in need of a friend so we got our newest, officially unnamed but potentially named Winter (mostly white, minimal blue pied)! After getting Winter I've started to get more into budgies! So there you have it, my budgie story, to sum it up; we currently have Blue and Winter and just introduced the two into the same cage so here's to the continuation of the budgie journey! I'll see if I can get some pics soon!

Hi!
I have a pair, I believe they are female, hatchmates...
20180222_153804.jpg
Tweet Berry is toward the back, Peekablue toward the front. Not quite 3 months old.
These are the first house birds I've ever had, unless you count injured chickens or unexpected hatched chicks and their out of season Mamas...I try not to count those, lol.

The budgies are a riot - they love music, particularly Bach's Badinierie, and DeBussy's Clare de Lune whistled by Geert Chatrou - find him on YouTube. Amazing!

I believe that is a gray wing light green, but I could be wrong. He's a cutie pie though!!

I love DeBussy! My budgies, Neon and Breeze, are not as impressed, they prefer Springstien. I can't hear it over the racket as they sing along.
We hatched Neon ourselves and hope to have another generation in a year or so. They're fun little birds

Hello...I'm first time budgie mom. Just got him today. I was told it's a male but not sure and no idea what his color is called. I will be getting a friend for him next WK. Just couldn't do 2 today.
Tips and advise always welcome!
:frow
View attachment 1273915 View attachment 1273916 View attachment 1273915 View attachment 1273916
Its a greywing and its not a male its a hen going into condition if you get another get one with a cere aka the nose is solid pink or blue any white in the cere would be a hen

Back
Top Bottom