Budgie Chat Thread!

HappyClucker7

Bantam Queen
7 Years
Apr 28, 2016
New York
I thought it would be fun to have a thread to chat about budgies, and show off our feathered babies!

I have two budgies, a male and a female, named Marshmallow and Sprite. I got them from a breeder in December 2020, when they were 8 weeks old. I spent a lot of time training them and getting them to trust me. They are completely tame now, and know several tricks. My favorite is when they give me a kiss on command!

Marshmallow
2302.jpeg

Sprite
2264.jpeg

My situation is a bit different since I have 13 outside. They are a bit on the wild side but they love playing “buzz the tower” and seeing how close they can fly past us when we’re inside! It’s also hilarious to watch them fly down and eat parsley alongside the guinea pigs! (We put theirs in the birdbath under their feeder, but a few prefer the guinea pig portion!)

My situation is a bit different since I have 13 outside. They are a bit on the wild side but they love playing “buzz the tower” and seeing how close they can fly past us when we’re inside! It’s also hilarious to watch them fly down and eat parsley alongside the guinea pigs! (We put theirs in the birdbath under their feeder, but a few prefer the guinea pig portion!)

That's so cool! My budgies like to fly right past my head too. Sometimes I can even feel their wings.
Have you tried giving your budgies carrot tops? Mine LOVE it. Even more than broccoli. I hang it up in their cage, and they run right to it. It's usually gone in under 15 minutes.

That's so cool! My budgies like to fly right past my head too. Sometimes I can even feel their wings.
Have you tried giving your budgies carrot tops? Mine LOVE it. Even more than broccoli. I hang it up in their cage, and they run right to it. It's usually gone in under 15 minutes.
I need to try that! I’ve done spinach, different lettuces, celery, cabbage, cucumber, bell peppers etc and the preferred is always regular parsley. (Rabbits, guinea pigs, budgies, etc)

Back
Top Bottom