Budgie Eggs!

Pics
Welcome to this world little one!
View attachment 2769484
Its apparently a loud one :D I know it is abnormal for a baby budgie to hatch in 16 days, and I thought this one would be a deformed one or a still born when I saw the little break at the egg but it is healthy, chirping, annoying mum for food and happy and thats what matters the most :)
This baby budgie right here... And to the pessimists, no, she did not die. Instead, she had a BABY of her OWN!!! My Grumpy's having a lot of grandchildren!

Okay this is completely new to me, but I had another clutch of budgies who hatched out 2 babies. They both died almost the moment they hatched probably.
IMG_20220810_141419.jpg

The spoiler has a dead baby budgie which might be triggering to some so yeah. But anyways, they both died the exact same way. No injuries, no nothing. Just. Dead. Empty crop as mom literally couldn't even feed them cuz they died. The mum is literally the best momma bird I own and the father is experienced. I literally can't figure out why they keep dying. I'm sussing a genetic defect meaning both the parents carry a copy of a lethal gene (maybe?) But any help would be appreciated

Okay this is completely new to me, but I had another clutch of budgies who hatched out 2 babies. They both died almost the moment they hatched probably.
View attachment 3217843
The spoiler has a dead baby budgie which might be triggering to some so yeah. But anyways, they both died the exact same way. No injuries, no nothing. Just. Dead. Empty crop as mom literally couldn't even feed them cuz they died. The mum is literally the best momma bird I own and the father is experienced. I literally can't figure out why they keep dying. I'm sussing a genetic defect meaning both the parents carry a copy of a lethal gene (maybe?) But any help would be appreciated
I'm so sorry.
I hope everything turns out ok and you figure out what's going on.

YAYAYAYAYAY

So remember I said I'm taming Kamranga?? And also remember that I didn't let Lemon out of her cage after one terrible crash incident and then she slowly got untame if that's a thing? Well well well.... THEY BOTH SAT ON MY HANDS AND HAD CORIANDER OH MY GOD THEY ARE SO CUTE LEMON IS SO FLUFFY HER BUTT IS SO FLOOFY AND KAMRANGA IS SO HEAVY (big birb) I'M JUST. AWWWW

View attachment 3217843
I'm sorry for your loss. I lost one right after hatching, as well.
Your Budgergars are beautiful, I have five myself! (two of them hatched here!)

So I lost Lebu a few days ago and to be honest, I have no idea why it died. My best guess is some bird stepping on it's neck as it was a little floppy and wobbly when I checked. And Lebu died within 5 mins because I checked on them twice. So it just makes sense that Lebu was stepped on given how it didn't start supporting it's head yet and kept low and how messy Lemon can get sometimes in the nest. Extremely unfortunate but I can't really blame Lemon. Nonetheless, fly high bud

Back
Top Bottom