Budgie mating with cockatiel!?!

Ok, sorry I thought that you meant that they were the same thing. sometimes people show me two photos of budgerigars and say "this one is a budgie and this one is a parakeet" and I have to explain why and how these are literally the same thing. Or people saying that budgies don't exist and it's people saying that any small parrot is a parakeet and when I tell them "what about lovebirds" they go "No, that's a parakeet" and I have to explain how they have a completely different genus and ate different species. When I eventually get a job I want to become a ornithologist/biologist so I can continue to study animals and birds! But sometimes people try to tell me "you can't do that" or "you'll never be able to do that if you have ADHD" but I love talking to other people here because I can talk to people about this kind of science things and about birds!
Budgies are parakeets but parakeets aren't technically budgies ;)
Lots of people don't know/understand that. I have six parakeets but only five budgies 😊

I also love talking about birds, budgies in particular are just a small obsession of mine 😅

Budgies are parakeets but parakeets aren't technically budgies ;)
Lots of people don't know/understand that. I have six parakeets but only five budgies 😊
Yeah, like how elegant parakeets are well parakeets and how ringneck parakeets are that weird "is it just a parrot or a parakeet like in the name" budgies seem to be the weird in between and lorikeets are confusing because they have half the word in their name lol. I have a small flock of budgies and I obviously have my two cockatiels Lucy & Buck. What is your favorite kind of parrot? Mine is the king parrot! I e always wanted a pair for my larger aviary.
Some_image.width-1200.a20e182.jpg

Yeah, like how elegant parakeets are well parakeets and how ringneck parakeets are that weird "is it just a parrot or a parakeet like in the name" budgies seem to be the weird in between and lorikeets are confusing because they have half the word in their name lol. I have a small flock of budgies and I obviously have my two cockatiels Lucy & Buck. What is your favorite kind of parrot? Mine is the king parrot! I e always wanted a pair for my larger aviary.
View attachment 3610576
I love king parrots too. Honestly I have too many favourites. To simplify it I always put budgies first, then let's say Slaty-headed parakeets, and Red-tailed black cockatoos 😊. There's so many more but the list would be a mile long if I kept going...

I love king parrots too. Honestly I have too many favourites. To simplify it I always put budgies first, then let's say Slaty-headed parakeets, and Red-tailed black cockatoos 😊. There's so many more but the list would be a mile long if I kept going...
Same I just put King parrots because they are what I'm researching right now. I'm planning on making an article about them. I've always heared people call Slaty-headed parakeets the Plum-headed parakeet😃

I was debating getting a pair of Regent parakeet from a breeder that was retiring.
regent2.jpg

I also love the Rosella parrot! They are so pretty.
2499168562_8a3ea53b5b_b-880x660.jpg

Last edited:
Wait whaaaaat!?! I didn't know that! Staly-headed parakeets kinda just look like the females to me. I guess I should do some research on them as well!
Yous should try looking the juveniles and try and tell which is which 😂 I do have a picture of Slaty near a female plummie I'll try and find that for you :)

View attachment 3610586
Slaty on the wire on the left, plummie on the mesh to the right.
Nearly identical! Also I'm sorry I kinda abandoned this thread! I've actually been seeing my male budgie mating with my female cockatiel quite regularly! However the interesting this is that make budgie is hopefully going to be a dad as he has his own budgie partner! She is sitting on about 6 eggs!!!

Back
Top Bottom