budgies-pic heavy

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by Akane, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    I finally got around to a few modifications and the move of the budgies from their cage to the 8x4x8'h former sugar glider enclosure. Since this thing takes up majority of a small room I had to take pics of it in pieces.

Food area:

[​IMG]

The round metal food dishes hold seed or pellet mixtures and there are 2 of them. The coconut hangs from one and is usually where we put fruits and vegetables. It actually has kiwi in it right now. There is also a cuttlebone and water on the back wall.

The grapevine runs from the back right corner to the bottom left corner and curls all over the place so chunks pop up randomly in some pictures. It's actually 15' long. I left the braided fleece rope in there but we will be watching it closely for any issues. There is also a branch hanging from the ceiling, one going from the bottom right front to half way up the back left corners, and several pieces of bark leaning against the edges. They are all hickory wood. There's a cat crinkle tunnel along the right side, various pieces of driftwood, purchased natural perchases, calcium perches, and the rope perch in front of the food dishes, one sand perch, and of course a variety of other toys hanging in various places.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ginrei
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kiei
    [​IMG]

The younger male and female-need names yet
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

All pictures plus some can also be found here:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v244/aqh88/budgie/new enclosure/

2. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    What lucky birds to have such a neat enclosure!

3. PitterPaws

PitterPaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    You have Beautiful parakeets [​IMG]

They look Very Happy with such a large cage!

4. ruthless

ruthless Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Mount Vernon, Mo
    Neat cage! What type of flooring do you have and will it be easy to clean? Is there a human walk in door?

5. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Are you sure you didn't forget anything?

6. Kennyog

Kennyog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Oak Grove
    Awesome!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by