Buff bantam brahma cross with light

ladymommabrahma

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 12, 2013
Kentucky
If I were to cross my buff bantam brahma rooster with my light bantam brahma hen, what color would would most likely come out? Would these crosses be show worthy?

I may be interested in showing the crosses next year or maybe even the light hens, just for fun though!

Is there a thread on here where it says what the judges are looking for in certain breeds?

Thank you!

You'd get sexlinked Brahmas. Pullets will be buff with white (much like a red sex link), and cockerals will be white with a little buff coloring coming thru as they mature.

You'd get sexlinked Brahmas. Pullets will be buff with white (much like a red sex link), and cockerals will be white with a little buff coloring coming thru as they mature.
Thank you very much! Have you crossed these yourself? I would love to see any pictures of them you might have

There's no dominant white here in play in this cross only a gold x silver sexlink cross so there will be no dilution of the hackle, wing, or tail black in the pullets.

the female offspring will look much like the male parent maybe the buff diluted a bit the male offspring will be white (silver) with gold/buff(brassy) leakage through out the plumage esp. the sex feathers in the pyle area(zone)

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom