Buff Barred Cochin Thread

Type is improving...just not as fast as I would like for it too !!! Also the barring is getting better in the girls plumage, looking like barring instead of mottled. I emailed some guys in the UK that raised the buffbarr\lemon cuckoo and they said I would have trouble getting very good barring in the girls..I asked why, but they didn't know the reason why it was harder to get barring on the girls , but they were right and it is. But I can finally say it is getting better...yay!

You know, it is weird because I am having the opposite effect in my buff Mottled project. I can get the white tips on most of my girls but not on my roos. However, I also have some of the same problem in my black Mottleds so it is probably something I am doing wrong in my breeding program. Though when I work out the genetics and go that route it looks worse so I am back to breeding phenotype.

Your girls are lovely! But those boys......va va vavoom!

Here are some pics of some of mine, some are older pics and are on the cochin thread. I need to get some new pics of this years brood. Pics of older birds and younger ones.

Absolutely beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom