Buff Barred Cochin Thread

This is BB

I go back and forth whether I'm going to use him at all or not. Most of the time I lean towards not.. His middle toes are bare for one thing.

But he does have a very sweet Cochin head, and he's not split-breasted.

I'd appreciate thoughts on him - comments, critiques?
You do have nice birds Nancy! This guy looks nice and round and a nice tush!

Here are some pics of some of mine, some are older pics and are on the cochin thread. I need to get some new pics of this years brood. Pics of older birds and younger ones.

Nice to see another breeder out there!
You have some lovely birds!

I may have a heck of a time growing up my buff Mottleds at the same time as these! Tagging, tagging, tagging! Ack!

Yes, I've seen his picture before.
Just beautiful birds, love the barring in that first picture!

Amy you're doing buff mottleds at the same time as buff barred??
th.gif

I remember seeing the photo of that roo when you showed him off. That is what started my love. I was able to resist for a while. Now, I can't take it any longer! I am totally smitten!
It looks like you are really getting some great type in those birds, as well as great color and barring.
thumbsup.gif

Nancy, I have been working on buff Mottleds for over a year. They are quite the challenge when no one else is working on them. I took a different avenue than most would but have gotten some lovely ladies, just never a roo that was nice enough to use. I'm still chugging along at it but not as hard as the MFC project.

Type is improving...just not as fast as I would like for it too !!! Also the barring is getting better in the girls plumage, looking like barring instead of mottled. I emailed some guys in the UK that raised the buffbarr\lemon cuckoo and they said I would have trouble getting very good barring in the girls..I asked why, but they didn't know the reason why it was harder to get barring on the girls , but they were right and it is. But I can finally say it is getting better...yay!

Back
Top Bottom