Buff Barred Rock? Seriously?

Omniskies

Songster
11 Years
Mar 7, 2008
Missouri
I was reading a chapter on genetics in a chicken book and it mentioned that Buff Barred Rocks exist. Even Googling has brought up nothing. Has anyone heard of these before?

I've seen a few pictures around, not sure where. I'm sure someone will post a few on here. I love them. My favorites though, are the crele color, because they have both black barred and buff barring! Very pretty.

There may be buff barred rocks, they can be 'made' with buff and barred birds. You would have to use a barred roo on buff hens. I was reading on the-coop last month about how people are working on making red barred birds. I have seen buff barred birds on feathersite under mixed breeds.

It was specifically referring to the buff barred. It was a paragraph about crossing a solid rooster to a barred hen. At the end there was a note that said any barring would work so long as it was the barred genetic, then mentioned the buff Barred Rock. I had to read it a second time to make sure, since I've never seen a buff barring on any breed.

If the offspring is from a buff x barred cross then would the chicks still have enough of the barred gene to be used for making sex-linked offspring?

i think i have two buff barred rocks. here is an image from the breeder of what they look like
buff-barred.jpg

lemon cuckoo orpington are buff & barred. Very pretty, you can run a search here and there are some photos. I don't want to "borrow" anyones photos.

http://www.keiths-orps.co.uk/categories/large-fowl/lemon-cuckoo.html

I would love to know how to breed these lemon cuckoo orpingtons. You said a soild roo & barred hen make the solid color barring? That would be really interesting if it worked.

I have one but in real life you can really see the stripes. she might be a cross though because she has a muff. she is so soft
smile.png

\

Back
Top Bottom