buff bramha question

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jmb78blue, Mar 16, 2016.

1. jmb78blue

jmb78blue Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2016
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this might be a stupid question but here we go anyways!! i got 5 buff bramha's about 3 weeks ago. four of these buff bramhas look like the chick on the left, feathers almost blonde/light brown. The chick on the right has a different color pattern than her sisters. The question is could this be a rooster or maybe not a buff color patter and is a different bramha all together. thanks for any and all help.

thanks again!!
    jb

2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

The chick on the left looks like a normal Buff Brahma. The one on the right isn't like any kind of Buff Columbian pattern I've ever seen, and judging by the fact that it looks to be clean legged (from this angle), I don't think it's even a Brahma.

3. jmb78blue

Jan 26, 2016
    Pennsylvania
    she does have feathered feet just like the other brahmas! i will take some more photos of her when i get home. thanks!!

4. jmb78blue

Jan 26, 2016
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

her feathers are just starting to grow on her legs! thanks!!

5. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    That's not the leg feathering of a 'pure' Brahma. It's probably a mix.

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Where did you get the birds from? I agree that light leg feathering looks like a feathered leg breed mixed with a non-feather legged breed.

what type of comb does it have?

7. jmb78blue

Jan 26, 2016
    Pennsylvania
    i got 10 of them at rural king out of there buff bramha bin. they were free after the rebate!! i cant pass that deal up!! so it really dosent matter either way, but i love the mystery!! here is another pic of her comb[​IMG]

8. jmb78blue

Jan 26, 2016
    Pennsylvania
    rural king had this deal buy up to 10 chicks and get a rebate for the total price paid! they had about 10 or so different breeds i pick 5 buff bramhas and 5 golden laced wyandottes!! i didnt need anymore chickens, i already have over 50 , but i thought what the heck they are free!! anyways thanks for the help! i will keep you update as she grows up! time will tell all!

9. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

x2

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    x 2 but a real cutie anyway

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by