Buff Laced Brahma

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by JohnGalt, Jun 26, 2011.

1. zekii

zekii Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2010
    New Hampsha
    Dan,
    Just finished reading your article in BYP, and has a new poultry keeper I really like your philosophy on breeding, and
    also you have my interest in Brahmas !!! I'll have to check your website out !!

Thanks,
    Clint

2. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:can you post pics of them also? I just want to compared their pheomelanin shades... [​IMG]

Quote:True... now you wished you have them back.. but you'll get them back again I know.. even if they are NOT to be showed(as buff laced) but they will be the back bone of your buff laced to keep that Rich color...[​IMG]

3. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:I believe below Hen has that Rich "To Red" color need it in your breeding flock, ofcours they are not Show able but they are the back bone one any breeding plan to bring back loss of phemelanin that is comon on buff birds(Fading)... Do you still have her?

[​IMG]

Edit.. Below Hen is Show Able...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  4. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Galt's Gulch

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  5. Wimberleytexaschick

Wimberleytexaschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Wimberley, Texas
    These were hatched May 8 from Dan- I love the dark cockerel, his lacing is amazing...but is he too red- thoughts?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. big medicine

big medicine custom Brahmas

Mar 6, 2009
    Ohio
    I like the contrast of a white laced red pattern, would look good on a Brahma.

7. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Galt's Gulch

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  8. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Hi dan, i would just like to say these are some lovely birds. I believe brahmas are the prettiest of the chicken world, just my opinion, and after reading thru this topic and the colors you have created like a blue laced gold or a white laced red would be stunning. I would love to have a few of them just to look at since i dont breed or show. lol I feel you cant go wrong with any color of a brahma. Well maybe a barred or cuckoo. LOL, again lovely work, John.

9. Rodeoclown1189

Rodeoclown1189 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2009
    East TN
    "I have blue laced gold as well as black laced red brahmas"

Dan is there any way you could show us the results in these birds ?

10. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm APA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Monticello, Arkansas
    Is anyone exhibiting any of these at Crossroads? Would love to see some up close!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by