Buff laced polish roo over silver laced hens?

I've hatched 3 so far- Two are 3ish days old and I'm definitely seeing buff coloring- 1 hatched overnight and is still in the incubator, it has pinker skin and is more of a white/yellow coloring rather than yellow/buff.
I know I'd definitely have to wait a few weeks before being sure but what would you lean on these guys being? Pure buff or Silver/buff?
Since you said the silver/buff hens would end up with buff lacing- these guys could be pullet silver/buff's or?
Here's the two with the buff feathers coming in:
View attachment 3743254View attachment 3743255
They also have black down coloring on their back, not a whole lot. I've hatched buff laced before with that, it always goes away. But I figured I'd add those details too.
Here's the latest to hatch:
1707429475879937293150327980586.jpg

I've hatched 3 so far- Two are 3ish days old and I'm definitely seeing buff coloring...
I know I'd definitely have to wait a few weeks before being sure but what would you lean on these guys being? Pure buff or Silver/buff?
Since you said the silver/buff hens would end up with buff lacing- these guys could be pullet silver/buff's or?

With that much buff showing in the feathers, I think those are probably not mixed males (who should show silver rather than buff.) But they could be pure Buff Laced or they could be females from a Buff Laced Father and a Silver Laced mother.

With that much buff showing in the feathers, I think those are probably not mixed males (who should show silver rather than buff.) But they could be pure Buff Laced or they could be females from a Buff Laced Father and a Silver Laced mother.
They're a total different shade compared to the new one- Like an orangey sunset color if get creative with it. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom