Buff laced polish roo over silver laced hens?

lilwanderer

Crowing
Apr 7, 2022
Live Oak, Florida
I somewhat got the results on the genetics calculator and it says something like-
Yellow/Gold white laced roosters and
gold laced double laced/spangled hens- but no picture was applied so i have no idea what that means-
(I hardly know anything about genetics, been trying to teach myself with the calculator though)
-
I tried to mainly put eggs in the incubator that were from the buff laced hen ( I only have one) but I'm not sure how accurate my choices were. I just know the buff hen tends to lay smaller white eggs then the silvers, so i picked out smaller eggs.
They are all on different dates, I have 2 in the incubator on lockdown now. I think both of these are silver eggs.
So, what will hatch and does anyone have a bird that somewhat applies to what they'll grow up into?
-
Pictures of the girls and roo applied. (Including the buff hen for fun.)
Silvers:
Screenshot_20240203-121817.png

Screenshot_20240203-121809.png
Screenshot_20240203-121827.png
Screenshot_20240203-121707.png

-
(Roo was younger here and not yet crowing or mounting anybody.)
Screenshot_20240203-121901.png
Older/Recent photo of the roo:
Screenshot_20240203-122010.png

-
The buff hen:
Screenshot_20240203-121935.png
Screenshot_20240203-121840.png

-
(For any wondering these guys won't be stuck together forever, I'll separate once I find a nice man for the silvers.)

So I'd have to wait until they feather out? Fair enough.
Yes. I did make a mistake on the post below, the female chicks would end up with buff lacing with some black speckles/leakage. Also, to clarify, the males will be white with gold/buff leakage. Though it’s also possible that the males will end up mostly off white.
The male chicks will have some faint gold lacing, maybe with some gold leakage on their necks and shoulders. The female chicks will be off white.

Yes. I did make a mistake on the post below, the female chicks would end up with buff lacing with some black speckles/leakage. Also, to clarify, the males will be white with gold/buff leakage. Though it’s also possible that the males will end up mostly off white.
I've hatched 3 so far- Two are 3ish days old and I'm definitely seeing buff coloring- 1 hatched overnight and is still in the incubator, it has pinker skin and is more of a white/yellow coloring rather than yellow/buff.
I know I'd definitely have to wait a few weeks before being sure but what would you lean on these guys being? Pure buff or Silver/buff?
Since you said the silver/buff hens would end up with buff lacing- these guys could be pullet silver/buff's or?
Here's the two with the buff feathers coming in:
IMG_20240208_072426231.jpg
IMG_20240208_072341559.jpg

They also have black down coloring on their back, not a whole lot. I've hatched buff laced before with that, it always goes away. But I figured I'd add those details too.

Back
Top Bottom