Buff/Lavender and Lavender

Itsraining

Chirping
May 30, 2020
So last year I hatched Buff/Lavender Orpington chicks and have 4 beautiful ladies. I got a new Lavender Orpington Rooster this year and now have 2 chicks that are black and yellow and 1 that looks Lavender, any other colours I could expect?

Buff hen is the mom of the Buff/lavenders. Lavender Roo is dad of this years chicks NOT my current Buff/Lav crosses.

Attachments

• IMG_7732.JPG
    IMG_7732.JPG
    750.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7735.JPG
    IMG_7735.JPG
    785.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7740.JPG
    IMG_7740.JPG
    715.5 KB · Views: 23
Buff hen is the mom of the Buff/lavenders. Lavender Roo is dad of this years chicks NOT my current Buff/Lav crosses.
You could get black with buff leakage (like the mothers), solid black, lavender with straw (diluted buff) leakage, solid lavender, black with silver leakage (like the buff/lavender mothers but with white instead of buff), lavender with silver leakage, black with some silver leakage on the neck feathers (hackles), black with some red leakage on the hackle feathers, lavender with some straw leakage on the hackles, and/or lavender with some silver leakage on the hackles.

Last edited:
You could get black with buff leakage (like the mothers), solid black, lavender with straw leakage (diluted buff), solid lavender, black with silver leakage (like the buff/lavender mothers but with white instead of buff), lavender with silver leakage, black with some silver leakage on the hackles, black with some red leakage on the hackle feathers, lavender with some straw leakage on the hackles, and/or lavender with some silver leakage on the hackles.
Wow! Awesome! Currently have 2 black and white chicks and 3 that appear Lavender, so curious for them to grow up now! Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom