Buff Orp pullets, maybe not UPDATED NEW PIX pg2

Ok, so I took these pix today to get a better idea of the sex of these birdies. I picked them up at Atwoods on 2/29 so they are 2 months old.

315436684.jpg

315436692.jpg

315436688.jpg

315436687.jpg

#3 California White Leghorn
315436696.jpg

If they are not roos then they are doing a great job pretending. You can't really compare a leghorn comb with an orp comb. Leghorns have much bigger combs than an orp and develop earlier. My two orp pullets are about a week behind yours and barely have a comb and it is still yellowish looking... no pink to them at all. My orps are blue/buff mixed but here is a picture of my boys and then next is my girl. You can see the difference in the combs. Notice my girl does not even hardly have wattles at this point.

menkot-theboys.jpg

menkot-uglygirl.jpg

Only thing I know about leghorns is what I read on here lol. Just to make it a three for all I will say roo.
lau.gif
ep.gif
tongue.gif
So there!!

Orps are good dual purpose birds though and if it makes you feel better I ended up with 4 of the little manly boogers out of 6.
th.gif

They are pullets. At this age they would have visible hackle feathers if they were roos. I have buff hens and one of mine has a huge comb you would think was a roo.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom