Buff Orpington 7+ Weeks old - Cockerel or Pullet? update post#23

Quote:
or it's just past 11:30 and the eyes don't want to participate anymore. mine are trying to go to sleep without the rest of me!
lol.png

Uh, oh! She has a second Buff Orp., that is not as pink or as big in the waddles, but she is a little, and is more than my older one. Her legs are exactly the same size as this one in the photos. That was the first thing I looked at a couple of weeks ago when the waddles started showing up.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=165472
Here is the thread with our 2 australorps. The one folks think is a cockerel belongs to the neighbor. She is going to kill me. I gave them to her!

That will be terrible if she ends up with 3 cockerels out of what was supposed to be 5 pullets!

Last edited:
I don't know - not to get your hopes up, but here's our rooster Buddy when he was not quite 6 weeks old. Maybe he developed early, but he's way ahead of your neighbor's chicken!
17703_buddy_head_5wks-6days.jpg

fl.gif
Here's hoping she's just a big boned gal...
Mio

I will keep my eye on them over the next week or so.

I will to have to go to the feed store in about that time. Just in case, I will call ahead and ask when they get their next shipment in of chicks. I would hate for her to only have 2 hens when she built such a nice big coop. Maybe I will buy 6 or so, just in case, of course;)

Like several others, I can only say by comparison to what I have in our yard... but my BO's that are the same age as the BO in the original post(within a couple days) don't have near the waddle growth. However, I went through this type of thing last year with my BA's and they all ended up being pullets. So, I don't know if that helped any or not... but thought I'd try to be of some assistance anyhow.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom