Buff Orpington boys or girls? UPDATED w/ PICS

The one in the first pic I was actually hoping was a rooster, but I am absolutely fine with it being a female :) I only have one that I know for sure is a male, he is younger than these two and his comb is huge.

Sunnydawn, you are right, they really are sweet birds! These two will actually jump up into my lap and sometimes on my back when I am bent over (although I don't appreciate that as much!!!)

I think you have pullets.

This is a picture of our 3 month old roo and pullet. If your BO was a roo, I would think that the comb and wattle would be more developed! BO are such a sweet breed I am sure you will enjoy them either way!

So, it doesn't matter that their tail feathers are so different? That is whats throwing me off with the "pullets" I got from MM. Do some pullets feather out slower than others (like MUCH slower)? I thought I had all this figured out, but now I am so confused!:idunno

i was wondering the same thing, do some pullets feather out slower than others? Mine are only 7 days old but one feathers at the wings are much longer than the other ones feathers????

Mimi, my MM pullets are 18 weeks old now and I can tell you I am 100% all but one are pullets, so I don't believe the slow feathering or length of wings has anything to do with it. My roo is HUGE and obviously a roo compared to the girls. Hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom