Buff Orpington Eggs - When??

MAllen

Get In The Game
10 Years
Aug 23, 2009
Claremore, OK.
I have three Buff Orpington pullets that will be 22 weeks old on Oct 3rd, no eggs yet. At what age can I expect them to start laying??

I have a 27 weeker that just started laying this week. Hoping the rest follow soon.
fl.gif

I have two BO hens that just started laying at 27-28 weeks old.. They have been laying really well for two weeks only missed one day.. They were small to start with, but with in three days they are almost at a large egg..

Guess I got lucky my first egg was at 20 weeks (but it was small) and within 3 days I was getting 3-5 eggs a day from 7 hens. I'm amazed on days when I get 7, that everyone of them laid an egg.

My BO started at about 25 weeks, the lazy scamp! And she only ever laid a maximum of six days out of seven. And was broody within nine weeks. She hatched a single chick after eight weeks (we fought her stubborn broodiness for five weeks before giving up and getting her some fertile eggs) and she started laying again today... the hatch was nine weeks ago! She's a year old at the end of October and will have only laid for a total of twelve weeks in that time, averaging five eggs a week.

So she's not the most prolific egg-layer ever
roll.png

(She's still my favourite hen though, I'll be honest. So dopey and docile. She loves cuddles!)

Back
Top Bottom