Buff Orpington LOVER Thread!!!

Do you love Buff Orpingtons?

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 44 69.8%
  • No way!

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Kinda

Votes: 11 17.5%

• Total voters
Pics
Had a Buff Orpington from Murray McMurray several years ago. Wasn’t the best layer, she’d lay about 3 eggs and start trying to sit. One of the friendliest chickens I’ve had. One year I had a rooster and let her sit and hatch some eggs. Would have kept her to live out her life but at 4 years old she was killed by a red tailed hawk that got through a hole in the top of the run.
Currently have a Buff Orpington and a Lavender Orpington that I got at Rural King
They aren’t much. The Lavender did go broody once and hatched out some chicks and did a great job but hasn’t been broody since. The current Buff Orp doesn’t brood doesn’t lay eggs hardly at all and is one of the most distant hens we have. She isn’t a thing like the first Buff Orp.
Got my order in for 6 BO pullets and 3 BO roosters as part of an order from Murray McMurray for the first week of May.

This is for anyone and everyone who loves Buff Orpingtons!!! They are my favorite chicken breed! You are welcome to post pictures of your beloved Buff Orpingtons and talk all about them!!! Please, no rude comments. This first pic is of one of my Buff Orps, Emerald. The second pic is my other Buff Orp, Shaker:View attachment 3164242View attachment 3164241
I love my buff Orpingtons a ton!!! They're so sweet I have two Hope and Daffodil Daffodil is nicknamed daffy!

I lost one of 9 to sudden unexplained death in the coop. Reckon she must have scavenged poison or some such. 😭 Chicken math was always going to strike but I now have 8 eggs with the neighbor farmer for machine incubation and Daisy is in the process of going broody! I fully intend to let her sit on another 8 or so but if everything hatches I may be very busy for a while... They'll all be mixed Buff Orps, either Buff x Leghorn or Niederrheiner x Buff.

Edit for chicken tax:
View attachment 3425405
Oh so lovely! I'm so sorry you lost one! Every chicken is so precious and it is so hard to lose one!!!! :love
:hugs💚

💚Had a Buff Orpington from Murray McMurray several years ago. Wasn’t the best layer, she’d lay about 3 eggs and start trying to sit. One of the friendliest chickens I’ve had. One year I had a rooster and let her sit and hatch some eggs. Would have kept her to live out her life but at 4 years old she was killed by a red tailed hawk that got through a hole in the top of the run.
Currently have a Buff Orpington and a Lavender Orpington that I got at Rural King
They aren’t much. The Lavender did go broody once and hatched out some chicks and did a great job but hasn’t been broody since. The current Buff Orp doesn’t brood doesn’t lay eggs hardly at all and is one of the most distant hens we have. She isn’t a thing like the first Buff Orp.
Got my order in for 6 BO pullets and 3 BO roosters as part of an order from Murray McMurray for the first week of May.
Wow! I'm sorry you lost the first Buff Orp you had! Yes these girls are known for being broody sometimes! Mine is broody right now, I'm letting her hatch a clutch of 4 eggs. Most Buff Orps are known for being friendly but some are known to be rarely distant. When you get your new BO chicks do send pics!!!

Back
Top Bottom