Buff orpington rooster and black split to lavender orpington hen oops

cwalter141

Chirping
Sep 20, 2020
So i had accidentally gotten the two flocks together heres the result. Very curious what he will look like grown. Mother was black split to lavender. Father was buff. Has anyone else had this mixup? What color did you end up with?
image000000(3).jpg

I haven't had that combination, so I can't answer. Just want to say that I do enjoy seeing the different colors that my birds produce, even though we have a limited gene pool with only barred rocks, rhode island reds, australorps, one easter egger, one americauna, and a variety of their offspring. (I don't raise for show or to sell, only for eggs and meat. So I don't need to worry about breed integrity ;)

So i had accidentally gotten the two flocks together heres the result. Very curious what he will look like grown. Mother was black split to lavender. Father was buff. Has anyone else had this mixup? What color did you end up with?
No personal experience, but probably black with some buff or gold leakage. The chick may be split to lavender, or may not be, depending on what gene the mother passed on.

Back
Top Bottom