*Buff Orpington Thread!*

I love seeing everyone's pictures and envisioning my little ladies all grown up. Just a few more weeks-they are getting big. I just hope they look somewhere near what thedragonladys birds look-you do have fabulous birds. Wish I had gone to you before getting hatchery but hopefully mine will be just as lovely!!!

Oh BTW I should have the goat dewormer coming in this week.

ok somebody really needs to sit down with my dolly and jackie they are getting it on well like rabbits, i think it was the pumkin i gave them who knew it was an afrodesack lol any ideas on the best way to raise chicks ? hot box or hen?

Hen hen hen hen hen hen hen hen hen hen hen definitely hen hen hen hen hen hen!!! Best way is hen hen hen hen and hen times a million!!! Make sure the hen hen hen hen hen is broody though. Hen hen hen is my fave word!

@TheDragonLady, you have such beautiful buffs!! So much fluff
love.gif

Update on the "new flock" we sold all of our bantams and purchased 29 day old easter babies. All but 1 turned out to be cockerels! we have culled out all but 4 of those in hopes of getting the best looking one to continue our flock. We also purchased 25 pullets about 6 weeks ago. I have received some much appreciated help here from a member but would appreciate more opinions as well. So which should be the lucky bird?

"Big Boy"

"Blondie"

"bird C"

Any and all opinions are welcome.

Update on the "new flock" we sold all of our bantams and purchased 29 day old easter babies. All but 1 turned out to be cockerels! we have culled out all but 4 of those in hopes of getting the best looking one to continue our flock. We also purchased 25 pullets about 6 weeks ago. I have received some much appreciated help here from a member but would appreciate more opinions as well. So which should be the lucky bird?

"Big Boy"

"Blondie"

"bird C"

Any and all opinions are welcome.
I am NOT an expert in anyway, shape or form, but I like Big Boy. His coloring is pretty and his saddle feathers look lovelier than the others. The last one doesn't have a side shot so I couldn't really judge. They all look beautiful though. Why don't you keep the friendliest one?

Does ANYONE have pictures taken from 6 weeks thru fully grown of roosters and hens? I would like to compare my buffs. Some seem to be developing kinda slow. I would love to see a series of pics of both genders please
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom