*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Wazine only gets round worms,,,Period. I only use it at 2 and 4 weeks of age. Safeguard 10 % liquid Goat wormer will get most worms , but must be repeated 10 days later to get eggs that hatch.
Yes I know. I learned it from you remember? I was talking to someone that was giving a 7 year old hen Wazine. BTW my Safeguard finally came in-took FOREVER! I plan to administer tomorrow and hopefully they girls will cooperate and open their mouths!

Yes I know. I learned it from you remember? I was talking to someone that was giving a 7 year old hen Wazine. BTW my Safeguard finally came in-took FOREVER! I plan to administer tomorrow and hopefully they girls will cooperate and open their mouths!
Work slowly, and put the syringe in the SIDE of their beaks.

How far in do I put the tip in? Also, how do I get them to open their beaks? I will start around 5pm-in like 4 hours.
I set the bird on a table in my feed room. I put one arm around the standing bird to hold it, and open it's beak with the fingers on that hand while the bird is under my arm.Then I drizzle the wormer in the side of the beak using the other hand.. Easy.

I set the bird on a table in my feed room. I put one arm around the standing bird to hold it, and open it's beak with the fingers on that hand while the bird is under my arm.Then I drizzle the wormer in the side of the beak using the other hand.. Easy.
Sounds simple enough. Thank you!
bow.gif

Ok so I found this thread and would love to share pics of my Buff girls. They were give to me a month or so ago and they crack me up!! Talk all the time and when they run!! I have looked up pics of them and the LF Orps seem HUGE! Are mine perhaps bantam? Or is it just the way some grow? Mine are supposed to be around 7 and 9 months.

This is Lacy

Dangd if I didn't get started on this and cant find the pics of them on my computer. I will get some up soon.

Ok so I found this thread and would love to share pics of my Buff girls. They were give to me a month or so ago and they crack me up!! Talk all the time and when they run!! I have looked up pics of them and the LF Orps seem HUGE! Are mine perhaps bantam? Or is it just the way some grow? Mine are supposed to be around 7 and 9 months.

This is Lacy

Dangd if I didn't get started on this and cant find the pics of them on my computer. I will get some up soon.
Hi Amanda I am subscribed to your Big Chicken thread. If they are the same size or at least height of Big Chicken then no they are not bantam. Welcome to the thread and get those pics up!

Hi Amanda I am subscribed to your Big Chicken thread. If they are the same size or at least height of Big Chicken then no they are not bantam. Welcome to the thread and get those pics up!
Ill get some pics up soon of them together. Big Chicken stands up taller then them but I think they are close to the same size at their backs. I have to go to a function with one of my kids tonight so I will get em when I can. And thank you for the info!!

Ok so I found this thread and would love to share pics of my Buff girls. They were give to me a month or so ago and they crack me up!! Talk all the time and when they run!! I have looked up pics of them and the LF Orps seem HUGE! Are mine perhaps bantam? Or is it just the way some grow? Mine are supposed to be around 7 and 9 months. This is Lacy Dangd if I didn't get started on this and cant find the pics of them on my computer. I will get some up soon.
There is a huge difference in orps depending on breeding. Heritage orps that are bred for showing can be huge. Hatchery and backyard bred orps tend to be smaller.

This is Lacy

This is a hatchery Orp. Hatchery Buff Orps are about 1/3 the size and weight of a Buff Orp bred to the Standard.Their temperaments are different also. Standard bred Orps are generally much friendlier and calmer.

Back
Top Bottom