*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Ok, wow I was thinking of getting one of those. I think I'll pass now. Hope she heals up fine with no one pecking her.
I'm not 100% sure it was that but it's the only thing with blood on. I thin rather one pulled her out from being or one girl was on it and she went behind them and stuck her head in and then the hen stepped off. And thanks, they are all being fine with her atm.

1797627_10200478767731374_1507839821_n.jpg

Most definitely my favorite of four hens. ;) Meet Annie Yolkley. This was when she was only about 4 months old, she is a huge girl and still friendly and a lap chicken. Love my Buff!!!!

QUESTION~~ Fixing to do a round of Wazine. Know I can't eat or feed the eggs to the chickens. But, can u hatch them?
Yes , yoyu can hatch them. How old are these birds? Wazine only gets round worms in chicks. You are better off using Safeguard 10 % Liquid Goat Wormer, or Valbazan on older birds.

Yes , yoyu can hatch them. How old are these birds? Wazine only gets round worms in chicks. You are better off using Safeguard 10 % Liquid Goat Wormer, or Valbazan on older birds.
The 3 new ones are 1 1/2 years old, but have NEVER been wormed. Thought I should start with Wazine first, from what I've read, to prevent them from getting blocked up with dead parasites. My others are 6 months old. Should I change my plan?

Last edited:
The 3 new ones are 1 1/2 years old, but have NEVER been wormed. Thought I should start with Wazine first, from what I've read, to prevent them from getting blocked up with dead parasites. My others are 6 months old. Should I change my plan?
Goodness , they are certainly past due for worming. Go ahead and use Wazine for the first worming, then use Safeguard or Valbazan for another 2 wormings, 10 days apart.

Thank you! You are always so helpful! My 6 month olds may have not survived if it wasn't for this site! You advised me on how to treat them wen they got sick at about 10 weeks, & I didn't know then to worm them. But since I started, they sure have grown!!!
Goodness , they are certainly past due for worming. Go ahead and use Wazine for the first worming, then use Safeguard or Valbazan for another 2 wormings, 10 days apart.

So I'm looking online to purchase the safeguard or valbazan. I've figured out the valbazan dosage. What is the safeguard dosage? And is one better than the other, cause there sure is a big difference in price!

Back
Top Bottom