*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Beautiful chickens and views! Are both chicks from the same mom? The one with the eye makeup looks like my Maybelline (speckled Sussex)!
Could have swore I replied to you last night, but I musn't have submitted it! I bought them both as day olds because her first eggs failed and she was looking ill. One is a Speckled Sussex and the other is a Welsummer :)

I don't!! These were Bella's mothers chicks from this year, I just posted them to show the before and after in the pics. I wouldn't want Bella's mother to hatch out this early. Last year she hatched out early and went broody another 3 times which was a pain because she had already had chicks and Daisy had some and hers filled up the last spot. She will hopefully go broody in June time like she did in 2012 and then she can have some babies!
Hopefully you can get her some Buff Orp eggs this year from your college birds !

I have a broody hen to. Her name is Highness, because she thinks she is the queen. I had to bring her inside because she is missing the feathers on her chest and belly. I'd like her to hatch some chicks but not this early, it's to cold still. Our nights are supposed to be down near 0 degrees again. I hate Ohio weather. When will spring be here.
hit.gif
I'm tired of the cold.

I don't!! These were Bella's mothers chicks from this year, I just posted them to show the before and after in the pics. I wouldn't want Bella's mother to hatch out this early. Last year she hatched out early and went broody another 3 times which was a pain because she had already had chicks and Daisy had some and hers filled up the last spot. She will hopefully go broody in June time like she did in 2012 and then she can have some babies!

Oh ok. I agree June will be a much better time :)

Hopefully you can get her some Buff Orp eggs this year from your college birds !
They have mixed cockerels in the pen so wouldn't be a good idea. They are planning to seperate them into breeding pens to sell hatching eggs so maybes then! I can't choose whether to hatch CLB's or BO's but I have found someone on ebay who sells 3 or each!

Johnn, that second to last picture is stunning! I think it needs to be sent to the calendar contest.
The color, the lighting, the composition is perfect.

Not sure which pic you mean, but thanks anyways!
Oh ok. I agree June will be a much better time
smile.png
It is for me anyways! I can't have them hatching out over and over again!

One of my 3 new 1 1/2 yr old "BO" hens that I've had for about a week and a half finally laid an egg today!!! Its freaking huge, and shaped weird and a weird color though!! Hmmm

Back
Top Bottom