*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Oh wow!! I'm such a dork!!! No wonder it looks so strange!!! I forgot that with all the snow and ice, I put my turkey in the coop!! Apparently she laid her FIRST egg though!! Lol

My babies are growing

Oh no, sorry to hear about your Tom. Hopefully you can find another one.
not sure we will get another. He attacked my bf every time my bf's back was turned to him. That's how he killed him. Had to arty a stick with him all the time. Usually would just swat towards him and he'd go away for a bit, but this time he came at him at he actually swatted the turkey with the stick in self defense, and a bit out of reaction. Amazing how easily it killed him! Idk if this is kind of normal behavior for a Tom turkey, or if we just got a meant butt!! Lol

not sure we will get another. He attacked my bf every time my bf's back was turned to him. That's how he killed him. Had to arty a stick with him all the time. Usually would just swat towards him and he'd go away for a bit, but this time he came at him at he actually swatted the turkey with the stick in self defense, and a bit out of reaction. Amazing how easily it killed him! Idk if this is kind of normal behavior for a Tom turkey, or if we just got a meant butt!! Lol

Wow, I wouldn't want another one either. It's no fun to have to keep your gaurd up and worry about being attacked every time you go outside. Well enjoy the eggs!

IKR! I laughed like crazy at myself too! Lol I'm so sad though that my sweety just accidentally killed our Tom like a month ago! So its not fertile!!
sad.png

I thought turkeys couldn't mate on their own because of their huge bodies and had to be assisted with mating fertilization?

Back
Top Bottom