*Buff Orpington Thread!*

I took closer pictures of my BO. Don't have any crowing, but looks like a roo based on the pictures I've seen. Do you guys think there a chance it's a hen? She/he is twelve weeks. I need to replace if a roo, so I'm hoping to find out for sure as soon as possible.

Now I could be completely wrong on this, so I hope someone else will give you an answer. I would suspect that is a roo, do to the fact that he has such a big red comb at that age. I have a for sure pullet BO that hardly has a comb, and I could be wrong, but it looks like he has some saddle feathers. Hope others can help!

Yeah, still looks a man chicken to me too. Our Buff crowed early at 7 weeks but our Chocolate roo didn't crow until 7 months so the fact he hasn't crowed yet doesn't mean he is not a rooster. Here is a pic of our Buff roo and his girls at 12 weeks for comparison. Your roo looks like a sweet fellow.

Boy or girl? I think boy, the breeder I got them from assured me both female, I sent thsee photos saying I think the older one is male but still they said female. Super cuddly chicken but I am convinced she is a he. What do you think? He/she is abut 5 1/2 months old

Boy or girl? I think boy, the breeder I got them from assured me both female, I sent thsee photos saying I think the older one is male but still they said female. Super cuddly chicken but I am convinced she is a he. What do you think? He/she is abut 5 1/2 months old

Rooster.... with yellow legs

Back
Top Bottom