*Buff Orpington Thread!*

I have a rogue layer keeps laying in the back of my truck. Looked back there today there were two eggs next to two gas cans.
bow.gif

I just LOVE the pics in this thread!!! Love me some BO's :D

I have a roo question I'm hoping someone can answer for me :) My roo's (BO) comb doesn't have the pointy things on it (please pardon my lack of knowledge, it probably has a name lol). I got him from a gal a year ago who was re-homing her flock and it's always been that way, just never thought anything about it. But I was wondering if that's just him or if maybe he got frostbite when he was with his other owner? Just seems like all the BO roo pics I've seen they have pointy combs? Doesn't hurt anything, just curious ;) Thanks for your help!

Oh and all the new chick talk has me super pumped to get my chicks in a couple weeks :D Adding 5 more girls to my flock! Cannot wait!!!

I just LOVE the pics in this thread!!! Love me some BO's
big_smile.png

I have a roo question I'm hoping someone can answer for me
smile.png
My roo's (BO) comb doesn't have the pointy things on it (please pardon my lack of knowledge, it probably has a name lol). I got him from a gal a year ago who was re-homing her flock and it's always been that way, just never thought anything about it. But I was wondering if that's just him or if maybe he got frostbite when he was with his other owner? Just seems like all the BO roo pics I've seen they have pointy combs? Doesn't hurt anything, just curious
wink.png
Thanks for your help!

Oh and all the new chick talk has me super pumped to get my chicks in a couple weeks
big_smile.png
Adding 5 more girls to my flock! Cannot wait!!!

Post a picture of him and his comb. Maybe we can help you figure it out. Would love to see him
smile.png

@Wyorp Rock

Thanks! Here you go
smile.png

He is handsome!
I'm sure others may have ideas, but I'm in the line of thinking it's most likely from frostbite. Generally the "spikes" will fall of and be "rounded" if it's frostbite. It's always possible that his comb was dubbed. I think he looks fine, but I'm partial to the BO boys
wink.png

And here's his son, he's 8 months old
smile.png

He's a handsome boy too!

Thank you @Wyorp Rock they are both very good Roos :) I hatch the son, well one of my hens did hehe! He hatched last year and my mom wanted her own BO flock so she got some babies close to his age and they're all living happily <3 BO Roos are just awesome creatures, tough and protective when they need to be, but still gentle and sweet. I love them!!

Thanks for your reply about his comb, I figured that was probably the case was frostbite ;)

Back
Top Bottom